Agile transformers, initiators & speakers for your congresses, seminars, company events, agile coach for your path to agile organisation with the following topics:
- Why Agile? Impulse lecture on the brown paper
- Agile onboarding Impulse workshop for agile transformation
- Middle management as an “agile killer”? – from the info broker & silo optimizer to the enabler of high performers
- Agility just a question of the mindset? What role do IT systems play in the agile transformation of larger organizations?
- Was agility just a paper tiger? Agile mindset alone is not enough – it does not work without networked knowledge on collaboration platforms
- Platform business is ruining medium-sized companies – Corona is accelerating this development
Keynote lecture on the brown paper
Using an empty brown paper wall, we show step by step how organisations have dealt with the consequences of the industrial revolutions and how they have adapted their structures to new challenges. By comparing the corporate cultures that emerged in the last half of the last century with those of today’s network world, the need for the development of agile working methods in our companies is uncompromisingly shown.
In constant interaction with the audience , the necessary background knowledge for anchoring this insight is conveyed in a memorable way with symbolic representations on the brown paper in the style of story telling.
This impulse shakes you awake and inspires enthusiasm for agility.
Impulse workshop on agile transformation.
Based on the answer to the question Why Agile? you learn the basics of agile collaboration and agile transformation. The workshop participants put these new findings into practice on an agile starter kit canvas in agile teamwork. What do we have to do to agilize our organisation (project, program, area or company) and to embark on a journey into the agile future?
Middle management as an „agile killer“?
What role does middle management play in agile organisations?
Critics of the hierarchical organisation also refer to middle management as a paralysing layer and in agile transformation as an agile killer.
In the agility movement, middle management is coming under increasing pressure. It is said that agile transformations have the greatest chances of success when agility is wanted by top management and lived from below. This statement grabs middle management.
In this context, what is the real benefit of middle management in our hierarchical organisations and what role does it play in the most recent evolutionary stage of cooperation, the agile team organisation?
Agility just a question of the mindset?
What role do IT systems play in the agile transformation of larger organisations?
Agile transformations according to common methodological approaches such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe or LeSS focus very strongly on mindset / agile culture, agile organisational structures with interdisciplinary teams and well-structured meeting cycles.
Direct, personal communication with paper cards on the physical Kanban board of a team in shared rooms is preferred to distributed digital collaboration across various locations.
Only those who know how to use the achievements of digitisation and networking in agile cooperation will be able to tap the potential of the last two industrial revolutions to their advantage.
Scaled agility just a paper tiger?
Agile mindset alone is not enough – it does not work without networked knowledge on collaboration platforms. Agility is by no means just a question of the mindset!
Common agile methods rely on proven principles, e.g. from lean management, but also on old ideas in a new guise. The actual problem of hierarchical organisation is not overcome, but only presented in a new look.
Real agile working methods are increasingly seen as a solution for realigning digital business models in our increasingly networked economy.
In this context, what is the real benefit of digital platform technology in agilely structured organisations and what role does it play in releasing an agile mindset in the latest evolutionary stage of collaboration, the agile team organisation?
Feedback of attendees
- The brownpaper impulse was great! Where does the need to work agile come from? The derivation of agile is an important basis for understanding the way into the future
- Very good mix of presentation and interaction! With the Agile Starterkit Canvas we have developed something that we can carry directly into the organisation
- That was an information catapult! We are now invited to put that into practice!
- With the demonstration of VUCA it became clear that we have to take the next step towards agile! We have to be the drivers! With this team it can be done!
- The connection between complexity and organisational structure is very interesting. I have realized that we have used the wrong means to accomplish our complex tasks
- It’s great how much positive energy we had here today! I am firmly convinced that agile is the right way for us. We all want to work in the flow – and that’s how we get it!